Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Progress!

Had my 39 week appt. today and I am 2-3 cm dilated and 50% effaced! Last week I was 1.5 cm and she didnt even say anything about being effaced and I failed to ask. So that was very exciting news! Oh yeah- want to know what is just as exciting? I lost 2 lbs! You may be thinking how in the world did you do that? Well, that is a good question. I laughed when i heard I lost 2 lbs and as soon as the nurse walked away I looked at Adam and said if ONLY she knew what I have eaten this past week! Jiffy Burger, Baskin Robins, Chili, Sloppy joes, hahaha. I could go on but I'll save the embarrassment. She made the comment that he is done growing and has absolutely no room to move anymore. and that is definitely the truth. I rarely feel him move now. I feel him way enough to know everything is ok but he seriously is out of space. It was nice to have Adam go with me to the doctor today. He went to every one until school started back up at the end of July. So either my mom or Hope has been tagging along which was great, too. I went by myself last week and that was pretty boring. After the appt., we stopped by The Avenue to walk around and of course I say, "I'm leaving my purse in the car. Maybe we won't buy a thing!" haha, well, The Children's Place was having an awesome sale which we "couldnt" pass up. We then went to Mellow Mushroom to pig out on pizza! I know I know, everyone probably thinks we eat out all the time, etc. but we hardly ever do. We have been trying to get all of our "dates" in before Landon gets here. Aside from my appt. today, my day yesterday consisted of playing with Adalyn and cleaning! I don't know if you would call it nesting, but every day this week I have been cleaning the house. I do a little each day to make it a little easier. Yesterday, Adalyn had a lesson on cleaning toilets and the two bath tubs. I also dusted. today, I swept in preperation for Adam to mop the floors,washed more clothes,and cleaned the kitchen. Then we had to take a break and go outside. It was so hot this morning I thought I was going to die. Adalyn wanted to swing and "hide" around all of our trees as she always does. Then she wanted to pick tomatoes. Well, all the ripe ones were already picked but she proceed to pick anyway and was grabbing all the green ones. I tried to explain they weren't ready but I thought oh what the heck, just let her! We played with chalk and then checked the mail. Other than still going about 100 mph, I can definitely tell my body is ready to have this baby. I had really bad contractions coming home tonight from Murfreesboro. I feel a little better now but Im about to take a bath so I know that will help. Well, hopefully I will blog about our day tomorrow since it's the last day of just my sweet "little" girl and I. I know we will have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...