Thursday, September 15, 2011

The time has come!

Tomorrow is the BIG day! We will welcome our son, Landon Riley Clark, into the world. Oh the emotions I have been feeling! I am so happy, excited, blessed, nervous, and scared all at the same time. I'm thinking it's pretty normal to feel this way so I'm ok with it. Today was the last day it would just be Adalyn and myself. She woke up at 7:30, had her sippy cup of milk, and watched Disney Junior. We do pretty much the same routine every morning and let me tell you, I really soaked it in! I just kept looking at her and I would instantly think back to her birth and all of those sleepless nights we encountered. All I could do was smile. It really just made me look forward to holding a newborn and going through the same phase all over again. yes, it will be on the difficult side at times juggling two, but thank the Lord for Adam is all I can say!(and our families and friends!) Wow. He will do anything in his power to help when needed and esp. when it's not. I am so blessed and honored to have him as my husband and father to our children! Adam just put the car seat in the Tahoe tonight. We have had it in Landon's room and Adalyn plays with it every day. She has to buckle her baby dolls and then she wants to be buckled, too. She is obviously too big for us to buckle her but she likes to lay in it. She is a giant in that thing. Adalyn and I got out of the house for a bit this morning and went to the Post office. She loves going to that place! it's so funny. She really didnt want to leave today and was on the verge of throwing a fit when I put her back in the car. We then went over to see Adam at school. She was a little shy when we walked into his classroom and she saw all of his students. They were about to leave for lunch and as soon as she did, some teachers came in to see her and she put on a show for them. =) Miss personality I tell ya. When we got home, we had lunch and went to sleep! We slept almost 2 hours and I loved every minute of it. When Adam got home, we went outside. I mowed the front yard and Adam pushed her on the swing for a bit. I didn't see any harm in having a lawn mower bounce me around for a little while. Once we finally got back inside, we cooked supper, gave Adalyn a bath, and then played before it was her bed time. I gave her an extra big hug and a kiss tonight. I actually didn't want to let go of her. We told her she would be able to hold Landon tomorrow. She said, "brother". Ah, her little voice is just precious. That's about it. Thank you Lord for blessing us with Adalyn and Landon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...