Thursday, January 12, 2012

Adalyn feeds her baby

I have been waiting on this day since Landon was born. People kept telling me not to be surprised when you see Adalyn try to nurse her baby doll. Well, it took almost 4 months but today, she finally "fed" her baby! hahaha. This whole time she always grabed her baby bottle to feed her dolls but today was different. She was sitting in her little chair in the living room and said "Baby hungry. feed her." She lifted up her shirt, got her baby, fed her then said, "all done" and burped her. All I could do was laugh. It's so sweet how innocent children are. Other than Adalyn nursing her baby, today was just like any other day. We play, play, and play some more, then it's finally nap time. Landon takes 2 naps before lunch, and then at 1:00 is when I put them both down for a nap. This nap is his longest of the day. It's around 1.5-2 hours. I try to find somewhere to lay down during that time, too. Today was different though. I layed Adalyn down in my bed, Landon was on the couch, and I was in the recliner and curled up with my blanket and wachted 2 episodes of Teen Mom. I never watch it when it comes on Tuesday nights so my house was nice and quiet for 2 hours today! ahhh. Adalyn has really been acting like a true 2 year old lately. Oh me- we have a long year in front of us! Although, people tell me that turning 3 is worse. Lately, anytime she starts whining, i tell her to stop whining that I don't want to hear it and she says, " I'm sleepy now". the reason she says that is b/c when Landon starts whining, I always say, "he's getting sleepy" Which is true for him. So she must think since it's ok for him to whine b/c he is sleepy, then it's ok for her to whine if she says shes sleepy. She also doesn't like when I sit on Adam's lap or jump in his arms... she immediately falls to the ground and says in the most annoying voice, "my daddy! my daddy!" hahahaha. It is actually pretty funny. One day she was whining about something and Adam and I just ignored her. She kept running and falling to her knees and would whine some more. I had to turn my head so she wouldn't see me laugh. She is something else!

Landon rolled over last night. Well, he pushed off my hands and he flipped over so technically not all by himself just yet but soon! He is just the cutest thing. He is so lovable. He is really trying to "talk" to us. He has the loudest squeals when he gets so excited. This weeked we are having our big Christmas with all of the Clark's. It's always a fun weekend with A LOT of food. That's my kind of weekend. ;)

My sweet babies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...