Monday, January 9, 2012

Update on our BIG boy!

Landon will be 4 months old next week and I must admit, I am glad he is getting a little older! He is really so much fun!! He is just the chunkiest little boy and I could just eat him up. He has been in size 3 diapers for 3 weeks now! He has outgrown most of his 3-6 month clothing and I have dressed him in a couple of 6 month outfits. We he turned 3 months, Adam weighed him on our scale and he weighed 16 lbs 2 oz-- I looked in Adalyn's baby book and when she was 5 months old, she weighed 16 lbs 6 oz.


You can somewhat see his little fat rolls in some of these pictures. I just love chubby babies! Aside from his fat rolls, he really is just a laid back baby! Exactly what I wanted.( and needed! Adalyn is full speed from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed!) He eats every 3 hours during the day and his last feeding is around 8:45-9:00 at night. He has been sleeping in his room for well over a month now but still doesn't quite sleep thru the night. Well,he kind of does, but we don't. He still needs to be swaddled to sleep so when he does wake up in the middle of the night, I'll go in there to check on him and his stinkin arm has managed to wiggle its way out of the swaddle. I will be so glad when he grows out of the swaddling stage though. I want him to sleep on his belly but he just ain't having it. Adalyn has always been a belly sleeper and I think they just sleep so much better! Looks like we will have to wait until he can roll over so he can decide the way he wants to sleep. He outgrew the velcro swaddle blankets pretty quick as a newborn so we had these big ones from Target (that were so dang expensive, too!) that seemed to be working for him. Except at 3:00 in the morning when an arm was flying around in his crib. So I had been thinking he needs a velcro blanket again. Instead of ordering him one, I remember we had a large size for Adalyn that we never used. So I marched myself up to our attic and dug through a huge box full of blankets. I found it. AND it's PINK. So yes, our boy, always dressed in some form of blue BOY, has been sleeping in his sisters pink blanket. I have yet to take a picture of him in it for some reason. I need to though so it can be shown at his wedding one day. =) But yes, I do plan to get him a different one. No need to worry. He is so close in turning over! It's fun watch him try. Ill walk into the room and he is completely on his side but he just can't figure out how to roll over his shoulder. He is enjoying his Bumbo seat. I have been making him try to sit up on his own. It's so funny b/c when he does, his belly is basically touching his feet he is leaned over so far. haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...