Monday, January 9, 2012

Sick

We were gone most of the day Saturday and by the time we got home that night, Adalyn had fallen asleep in her carseat so I carried her in, changed her into her pajamas, and layed her in her bed. About 30 minutes later, she woke up crying. I went in to check on her and I seriously thought I could have thrown up. She was sitting up in bed and the sounds she was making sounded like she could barely breathe. Scared me to death. I picked her up and held her and could immediately tell she was sick. She started to cough and it sounded like a seal was barking. I was thinking I had read that somewhere before so we googled it and I talked to hope and carla (2 of the best nurses I know!) about it and we decided she had the croup. She slept with us that night and ohhhh me, I always dread her sleeping with us! lol she is a wild woman when she sleeps but I knew she needed to be with me so I could keep an eye on her and listen to her breathing. We kept her home from church Sunday so we played and layed around. Around 4 my parents came over to watch the kids and Adam and I got some clothes for Landon, went to Sonic, then to church to watch Courageous. I do believe that is one of the most powerful movies we have seen. Simply amazing. It was nice for Adam and I to get out without the kids. I honestly can't remember when we did that last. Adalyn woke up around 1:30 last night so again, she ended up in bed with us... ehhh. So that was night 2 of no sleep! This morning she woke up with a low fever. She just looks so pitiful. All I want to do is love on her and baby her but it's a lot harder to do that now than it was before since I have a 3 1/2 month old who wants my attention, too! So after breakfast this morning, we headed over to spend the day with my mom. I managed to squeeze in an hour nap and Adalyn napped for almost 2 hours. After school Adam came and picked up the kids and I headed to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. Came home, cooked a pizza, gave Adalyn a bath, and now both kids are sleeping! I sure hope she gets to feeling better soon. I want my Adalyn back!

Even though she doesn't feel good, she managed to give me a silly face in the bathtub tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...