Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A quick update on the kids!

Yesterday morning Adalyn looked at me and said, "Momma, my belly hurts right here above my eye." I couldn't help but to smile. She was so serious about it, too. It obviously didn't hurt too bad though because that's the last I heard about it. She also has a splinter in her big toe. She discovered it Sunday night after church. To our surprise, she let us dig around for it with the tweezers. Instead of whining about how much it was hurting, she was laughing because she claimed it tickled her. Adam and I both tried to get that darn thing out but didn't have any luck. As we were eating dinner last night, Adalyn was talking up a storm like she always does about random things. She said, "I was holding Jesus when he was a baby and rocking him back and forth like this." Then she proceeded to show us how she rocked him. It was sweet. Her little mind is precious. Aside from all of her sweetness she oozes out, she has been quite the turd the past couple of days. It started Saturday afternoon once we got home. She didn't nap while at Jerry and Nancy's so I know a big part of her tantrums was because she was overly tired. She wasn't herself and it was really discouraging. We had no clue who she was, but she definitely wasn't the Adalyn we knew. Everyone has their "off" days and that just so happened to be hers. I can easily say if a family member or friend were to have knocked on our door that Saturday afternoon and wanted to take her, I would have packed her bags in less than 5 seconds. UGH, it was just one of those days I guess! We all have them. Sunday she was better and by Monday, she was almost back to herself. She is in this testing stage right now to see how far she can go but trust me, she isn't getting far. Sweet Landon just watched her be a brat the entire night on Saturday. She was in bed by 7:45 and I couldn't have been happier. Now on to Landon... he has started something new over the past few days! When we ask him what a cow says, he hums "Mmmmmmmmm". Adalyn did the same thing until she could physically say "Moooo." I love it! He can also do a high 5 anytime we ask him to. I think I mentioned in another blog post that he is no longer on baby food. Hasn't been for about a month or so now and I gave all of his food cubes we had made up to Hope so she could use them for Liam. I didn't want all those veggies to go to waste! So since he is not on baby food, meal time is much easier! I put his food on his tray and he feeds himself then points and whines at his sippy cup until i give it to him. I'm able to finish up cooking, clean dishes, pick up, etc while he eats so I don't have to sit in front of him. I'm able to get a lot done during that time. He is satisfied sitting in his chair eating and looking around. It makes things so much easier that when I cook supper (for the most part) I don't have to prepare another dish, he just eats what we eat. It was pizza the other night and last night was chicken nuggets, a piece of a sausage and cream cheese croissant casserole, and some sliced strawberries. It's not exactly the healthiest thing but I make sure he gets his fruits and veggies throughout the day. He was also saying, "Ma Ma Ma Ma" over and over last night while we were in his room. He says "Da Da" non stop so anytime I hear "Mama" I get so excited. I am loving his age and love the fact that when we play outside, she tries his hardest to keep up with Adalyn. He just walks all over the yard like he knows exactly what he's doing. He has figured out how to crawl up the steps (which gives me a heart attack at times) and we are teaching him to scoot down on his bottom. He likes playing on the swing set and loves peeking through the windows. I did an "uh oh" the other day while we were playing on it. I asked Adam if he thought I could push him down the slide by himself. He said "yes" without hesitation so I get up to the slide and I give him a gentle push and there he goes. He gets almost the whole way down but decided to flip forward and land on his head in the grass. It was like in slow motion as I watched him tumble over. I snatched him up real quick and it obviously didn't phase him. He didn't whine or anything. I mean, he was almost all the way down the slide but it still gave me a slight heart attack. He did get a little knot on the side of his head but other than that, he didn't even realize anything had happened. I guess boys are made tough for a reason. Today is my last day at work before I get to enjoy Fall Break! Adam has been farming the past two days and Lynn has had the kids. Ready to be home and just hang out! Just a random picture of the kids "driving" the cart at Home Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...