Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

Saturday afternoon we took a trip to the Cedarwood Pumpkin Patch. They have so much to do and see there. The first time we went Adalyn was just 11 months old. Last year she was 23 months old and the newest member of our family was able to join us as well! Landon was just 4 weeks old and slept the entire time. I was looking forward to our visit this year. Adalyn is a few weeks away from being 3 and Landon is 13 months and they are both at really fun ages right now! Landon is all about exploring so I knew he would love being there. It was a beautiful day and thanks to a friend for passes, we got in free. :) Score! Our first stop was to see the animals. This, of course, was Adalyn's favorite.
We then played in the bed of corn.
It was so funny to watch Landon play in the bed of corn. He would try so hard to walk, but ended up like this the majority of the time...
After they played, we stopped for a quick photo! It's so hard to get both kids looking in the same direction, let alone smile for the camera. Landon was too busy picking apart the mum that was beside us.
We also came across a wagon and both kids were dying to get in it. They loved playing in it!
(I made their shirts, aren't they cute?!) Next, we rode a "train". More like barrels cut in half, attached together, with a John Deere tractor pulling it. It's actually a lot of fun! I had to ride it last year with Adalyn, but this year she was big enough to do it herself. So I rode with Landon. Looks like next year neither of my kids will need me to ride with them. :(
Next stop, these humongous slides! They were so fun! and fast!
Adam took Landon down once. He then decided he wanted to walk up them. He wasn't successful, but he tried pretty hard. We then played on a tire swing, and walked around looking at everything while we waited on they hay ride.
It started to get chilly so we bundled the kids up. Look at those beautiful blue eyes!!! I got Adalyn to stand still just long enough to get our picture taken. I do believe it's one of my favorites of us to date!
The hay ride finally came around and off we went to pick our pumpkins.
Adalyn had a good eye for good lookin' pumpkins. She made sure to pick a "daddy pumpkin, mommy pumpkin, an Adalyn pumpkin, and a Landon pumpkin." (in her words. adorable.) Landon just wandered from pumpkin to pumpkin. I had turned to talk to Adalyn when heard Adam laughing. He told me to look at Landon. He had fallen in between two pumpkins and was stuck. He couldn't get up. Just like any good mom, I didn't rush to get him. Instead, I told Adam to leave him and I got my camera out.
He didn't whine or anything. He just stayed there until one of us picked him up. Once we got our pumpkins and got back on the hay ride, Landon was really tired. He finally gave up and fell asleep in Adam's arms. We got back and put our stuff in the car. Landon was still dead to the world. Adam put him in his seat while Adalyn and I went and ordered some food. She still wasn't eating much due to getting over her virus, but she did say she wanted some pop corn. We finally got our food and hopped in the car to head home. We were all wore out. Adalyn ate her pop corn for about the first 5 minutes in to the car ride home, then she fell asleep. Adam and I ate and talked in peace and quite the rest of the way home. By the time we got home, they were still asleep. We got them in their pajama's and I put Adalyn in the recliner so I could warm up a bottle for Landon. 3 minutes go by and she had already fallen asleep. Both kids were in bed by 7:45. We had a long Saturday but it was so much fun! Can't wait till next year! You can read about our 1st trip to Cedarwood Pumpkin Patch here! Looks like I didn't blog about our visit last year... It probably had something to do with the fact that I had a 4 week old and I was very sleep deprived. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...