Friday, October 19, 2012

Adalyn's 1st virus

Whew am I tired. Yesterday morning(Thursday) Adalyn opened our bedroom door at 5:30 just as my alarm was going off. Though before she did that, I could hear her coming on the hardwood and I heard an interesting sound. She opened the door, I heard the sound again. Yep, just what I had thought. She was throwing up. Adam and I jumped out of bed and turned on the lights to find puke all over the floor and poor Adalyn. I brought her into the bathroom again where she once again threw up. Bless her heart! Where in the world was this coming from?! My only thought is she picked up a bug from Church the night before. We cleaned everything up and she seemed just fine. She did have diarrhea a few times that morning, too, but besides that, she was acting like herself. Nancy was with the kids on Thursday and when I spoke to her at lunch, she said Adalyn was fine, just not really hungry. By the time I got home, she was still her same ol' self. We played outside, ate dinner, took a bath, played a little bit more, then the kids were in bed a little before 8. Fast forward to 1:00 AM Friday morning... I was in a dead sleep. I hadn't moved from the position I had started in at 9:30. I heard our door open and a soft, "Mommy" and as soon as I opened my eyes, Adalyn was standing by our bed throwing up. It made me so sad to see her feel like that. Though after her episode of throwing up, she had quite the energy. "Can I watch TV mommy?" "No, baby. You can't." "I threw up, mommy." "Yes, baby you did. But it's ok." (Cough-Cough with her hand over her mouth) She would say a few more things then cough-cough... She was fake coughing just to make sure we knew she "didn't feel good." It was sweet and funny all at the same time. I just let her do it and of course babied her. :) What mamma's do best, right? Adam cleaned up the mess in the room while I cleaned Adalyn up. She asked for some water then I brushed her teeth and got her a new shirt. We took the sheet off our bed and finally got settled back in. We let her sleep with us. No way would I send her back to her bed when she wasn't feeling good. I explained to her that when her stomach started hurting again to let me know so I could rush her to the bathroom. We decided to let her sleep on my side of the bed with me in the middle in hopes that she wouldn't throw up on our bed (again) the next time. It was about 30 minutes later and I hear "mommy" and then the throwing up started again! This time she was laying flat on her back and it went all over her. :( Yuck is all I could think about. We started the clean up process yet once again. During this entire time I couldn't help but to think back to my kid years and the times I would have my mom up in the middle of the night taking care of me. I took her to the bathroom to clean her up and as I was taking off her shirt, she said in a very concerned voice, "Oh no my cow shirt! Granna got this for me! Are we going to have to throw it away?" I laughed and told her of course not and that all we have to do is wash it. That girl is even concerned about her cows in the middle of the night. By this time it was after 2 AM when we finally got back in bed for the second time. Adam and Adalyn went right to sleep. Me on the other hand, it took me until about 4:00 to finally drift off into a good,deep sleep. Every time Adalyn moved I would pop up to make sure she wasn't about to throw up when all she was doing was moving in her sleep. My alarm went off at 5:45 and I made myself roll out of bed. Adalyn woke up around 6:50. She was feeling ok until about 7:10 when Adam and I were getting ready to walk out the door. We were all in the kitchen and she started throwing up again. Over, and Over, and Over. Ew. Adam took her to the bathroom to clean her up once again and I got on my hands and knees and cleaned up the nasty mess, mopped the floors, and Cloroxed everything that was splattered with puke. I have talked to Lynn numerous times today and she said Adalyn was doing just fine. Just a little tired. So i'm hoping this bug is over with! Adalyn has never really been sick like this before. She has never had an ear infection, has had the normal runny nose with the change of the seasons, some fevers here and there, but nothing like this! So, this is her first official virus. Bless her heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...