Thursday, October 11, 2012

"I can't see my Play Set..."

This morning as Adalyn was sitting in the recliner with Adam drinking her milk and watching Disney Jr., she tried to turn her head to look at her swing set. She said, "I can't see my play set!" She was just in an awkward position where she wasn't able to see it. She then said, in a very serious voice, "I must need a bigger head." Adam and I laughed and laughed. I had Landon in my lap feeding himself his bottle and she walks over to him and said, "What ya doing freetie?" Translation- sweetie. She can't really say her "S's" and it's so cute trying to figure out what she is trying to say to us at times. This morning she was helping us fix breakfast and our lunch for the day. She scooted her chair up like she always does and decided she wanted to watch TV.
That kept her occupied for a while. In other news, Landon is learning new things just about everyday it seems. I feel like I always blog about Landon but with his age, it really is something new all the time. Besides the usual "Da da" "Ma ma" "Ba ba ba" talk, he can now tell us the sounds of 3 different animals! I forgot how exciting this was when they start doing things like this. Cow is "Mmmmmmm" Chicken is "Bah bah bah bah" and for an Elephant, he blows raspberries for the elephant sound. It is so cute. I love it. This morning while I was changing his diaper, I asked him what sound each of those animals make and he didn't miss a beat. Even though he does it quite a bit now, I still get so excited every time. Of course when Nancy got there we asked him to do it and wouldn't you know, the little stinker wouldn't. He finally said "Mmmmmmm" for cow though. After trying to get him to make his sounds, she gave him and Adalyn their sausage biscuits. Adalyn is a very picky eater but she will eat breakfast foods (bacon, sausage, biscuit) any time of the day. Looks like Landon will be the same way. He loves sausage and biscuits and really loves to eat sausage links, too. I took this picture of Landon the other day eating his sausage and biscuit.
(Don't you just love his Buzz Lightyear pajamas?) Nancy ended up telling me he ate the entire biscuit and half of his sausage. It's so weird to have a child who will eat pretty much anything we put on his tray. Adalyn was (and still is) the complete opposite. We had Tater Tot casserole the other night and he gobbled it up. Adalyn, on the other hand, wouldn't touch it.Anyway... I have this old, plastic headband that I have had for years that I use to pull my hair back while I do my make-up, etc. It had a pretty ribbon that covered it, but when two kids play with it, you no longer have a "pretty" little headband. For some reason, Landon has taken on a big interest in my now ugly, plastic headband. The past few times he has gotten his hands on it, he will bring it to me so I can put it on his head. After I do, he just walks all around the house. He will hardly keep a hat on, so please tell me why he will keep this headband on? Whenever it does fall off, he will come find me, shows me the headband in his hand, and in his own way "asks" me to put it back on all while he is trying to put it back on himself.
Isn't he so stylish? We were all playing in Adalyn's room the other day and she found a toy under her bed. It made noise so she gave it to Landon to play with. She originally placed it on the side of her bed. He saw her do this so once she took it down and gave it to him, he crawled up in her bed, stood up, and placed it in the same spot she did. I was pretty amazed and shocked. I think it's so neat when they start "getting" things. He would knock it off on purpose, laugh, crawl off the bed to get it, then bring it back and start the cycle all over again. It was sweet. Ok,that about sums it up! I think you are now caught up on my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...