Monday, October 29, 2012

Landon's 1st virus

I was afraid this would happen. Adalyn passed on her stomach bug to Landon. He threw up right before we were about to leave for work on Friday. Lynn was already there so we cleaned everything up and went on to work. He was acting fine and according to Lynn, ate fine all day. Saturday morning, he woke up really early. About 5:30. He had thrown up in his bed. Blah. It was everywhere. Disgusting. He continued to throw up on and off that morning and had 3 baths by the time it was 10 AM. He napped for right at an hour for his morning nap and took a 2 1/2 hour nap that afternoon. We decided to not give him any bottles since he had thrown up his milk earlier that morning. I know how I feel after throwing up. Puny and weak. I so wish he could communicate with us. It would make things so much easier when dealing with a sick child. Last weekend when Adalyn had it, it was nice because she could tell us exactly how she was feeling and would even tell us when she felt like she was going to throw up again. Landon is not eating a whole lot. Which is understandable since he's not feeling well. He is drinking his water all day long. He won't touch Pedialyte. Can't say that I blame him. The smell of it made my nose cringe. So since Friday, he has acted fine throughout the day. Just like Adalyn did. She threw up during the night and he is doing it in the morning. Then he plays like normal throughout the day. Landon and I stayed home from Church yesterday. I was able to clean and bake a little, but he wanted to be held a lot. He ate a great supper last night but we still did not give him his bedtime bottle. I told myself if he wakes up today (Monday) and hasn't thrown up or is acting different, then I'm giving him his bottle. Well don't ya know, he drank his bottle happily, threw his paci down and said, "Uh ohhhh" and watched Disney Jr. in my lap and was so content. As soon as I put him down to walk, he almost made it to the kitchen before he threw up. Ughh. I really thought he was over it! Guess not. So he had a bath before 7 AM this morning. He was fine after that so we went on to work. Talked to Lynn earlier today and she said he ate a good breakfast, but threw up not long after that. I am so over cleaning up throw up and smelling it!! Oh good grief. I called the doctor today just to see if there was something else we should be doing/trying and the nurse told me a stomach bug like this can hang around for 7-10 days! This is day 4. I want my sweet baby to feel better! I just hope it stops SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...