Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Sunday morning I woke to flowers, cards, and a necklace Adalyn made for me at pre-school last week. Adam and I were still half way asleep when she walked in our bedroom and whispered (loudly) "Daddy!! It's Mother's Day!" She was saying that to Adam so she knew it was ok to get me up to open everything. It was sweet. Last weekend, (weekend before Mother's Day) we bought all new kitchen appliances and we both agreed to having that serve as my Mother's Day gift from Adam. ;) (Speaking of appliances, our kitchen in FINISHED! I cannot WAIT to share the final product with everyone!) 
We lounged around for a bit then got ready for Church. We had beautiful weather to enjoy and after Church, we went straight over to my mom and dad's. Adam picked up all of our beef on Saturday so we brought over our very own Clark Farms hamburger patties and grilled out. Delicious!!! I love a good burger off the grill. We had cole slaw, chips and dessert to go with it. But before we ate, we took a few pictures in the front yard. 
I am so thankful for my momma! Words cannot describe how much I appreciate her. (and my dad!)

This sweet little girl made me a mom for the very first time.
Blessed.

And this little boy made me a mom for the second time.
Blessed (X's 2!)

I am so thankful for these two kids who call me Momma.
I hope they will always know how deep my love runs for them!

This guy right here told me "Happy Mother's Day" about 321,452 times that day. :) 
He expresses his thankfulness to me all the time. I am so blessed to have him as my husband. 

While we were taking pictures, we stumbled across a snapping turtle on the carport. We instantly knew Landon would try to pick it up. He picks up (or attempts to) any type of worm, lizard, lady bug, butterfly, ant, etc that comes across his path. We had to explain to him that this wasn't a normal turtle and that it would bite him. My dad got a stick and put it in front of the turtle and he leaped towards the stick and hung on tight just as we knew he would. It was neat to watch him attack the stick over and over again and it was also a good educational lesson for Landon. 
Here my dad and Landon are taking the turtle to the pond to release it.

After we ate, we put the kids in their bathing suits and they swam in the hot tub and watched as we took the cover off the pool. Which is always so exciting because that means it's swimming season!!! 

Look at that little gut! ;)


Landon spent a looong time squirting the water hose in the pool (and on everybody else!). That is one big difference between a boy and a girl. (Or at least my boy and girl) Adalyn would stand there and do it for a few minutes before she would be over it, but Landon will stand there for 30 minutes or more and hold that water hose and just watch the water pour into the pool. That's a boy for ya! 

Adalyn was wanting to swim sooo bad but we had to keep reminding her that chemicals needed to be put in the pool first. ( it will be ready this weekend! )

I am thrilled to report that I lost count as to how many times Landon used the potty or peed outside on Mother's Day. I know he peed once in the rocks and then again on a bush just while we were outside. :) Adam also told me that on Saturday when they went to Wal-Mart to buy my card and flowers, Landon told Adam he needed to use the potty as soon as he was getting him out of his car seat. Adam said ok and let him pee in the parking lot. HA! They were parked in the back of the parking lot due to our trailer so not a lot of people were around. When you are potty training, you let them go where ever you are!

Adalyn decided to take a break and watch some TV.
 She was adamant about having her chair RIGHT there. 
Whatever floats her boat.

After a while, we packed up our things and headed home. We were grilling steaks for Jerry and Nancy. We all played outside while Adam grilled. We had good ol' Clark Farms ribeyes, baked potatoes, and salad. It was wonderful! 
I can't believe I did not get a picture of Adam with Nancy! I'll have to do that this weekend. 
I did manage to snap these two, though. :)


Mother's Day 2014 could not have been any better. I am so very thankful for my mom and Nancy. 

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day 2010
Read about it here!

Mother's Day 2011
Read about it here!
(I was pregnant with Landon)

Mother's Day 2012
Read about it here!

Mother's Day 2013
Read about it here!

Mother's Day 2014

Blessed!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...