Wednesday, June 13, 2012

VBS

Last week was Vaction Bible School at church. I loved this week during the summer when I was a kid. They asked me to help teach Kindergarten this year so I was able to bring Adalyn and Landon to the nursery. Last week was BUSY for us. We were at church by 8:30 every morning. Going to church EVERY day made Adalyn's whole year I do believe. She normally asks us everyday if we are going to church and I always have to tell her, "Wednesdays and Sundays". So getting to go every day just thrilled her. She had Nan and Michelle as her teachers and they played their little hearts out. She crashed every afternoon for 2 or more hours once we got home. Landon, too. Last week threw us off our normal routine, mainly for Landon since he takes a long morning nap, but he would nap atleast an hour at church the ladies told me. So back to me teaching... or I should say helping... wow. I know without a shadow of a doubt I could not be a kindergarten teacher. whew! The kids are absolutely precious but man oh man! Their were 2 different kindergarten classes due to the number of kids we had and our highest number was 18... we only had 3 girls all week!! That's enough to scare anyone away! ha. I have a lot to learn when it comes to "big" boys. Rowdy Rowdy Rowdy! Precious, but rowdy. and the energy. oh me! I thought Adalyn was loaded with energy. So after a week, myself plus all the other teachers I know were pooped. It was over at 12 everyday then I would head down to get the kids. Adalyn had a meltdown just about everyday on the way home. It was a combination of not wanting to leave and being so very tired she had no clue why she was crying. She would just cry to cry. Very, very annoying. Once I got home, Adam would put Adalyn to sleep and I would feed Landon then put him down for his nap. Thank goodness VBS is during the summer. That meant I had a lot of help when I brought the kids home. It's hard to tend to two kids when one is crying/whinning and the other is hungry and tired. I need 2 more arms. That wouldn't solve any of the problems, but it would be a huge help. Anyway, we had a wonderful week and I am truly so thankful I was able to be apart of those kids lives for a week. Here are a few pictures of Adalyn throughout the week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...