Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend getaway

This past weekend we left for Helen, GA to meet up with the rest of Adam's family. We go every summer around this time. The town reminds me of a very small Gatlinburg, but there really isn't a whole lot to do. But that's ok because with two kids, the simpler, the better! We always have a great time. Friday morning we got loaded up and headed to the Ocoee to Patsy and Bo's house. We were spending the night with them which helps break up the 4 hour drive to Helen. Every time we go to their house you instantly feel relaxed. I can't even go in to detail as to how gorgeous their house is. It's so peaceful. Not long after we arrived, Jerry, Nancy, and Tori pulled up. Oh Adalyn was just beside herself. She was so excited. She always clings on to Tori whenever she is around and Tori was the BIGGEST help. She kept her occupied while one of us took care of Landon. Landon just crawled around and played with whatever he could grab and was passed around so everyone could love on him. We played outside the majority of the afternoon and ate a delicious supper. Thanks Patsy! That night, Adalyn slept with Nancy and we had Landon in his pack n play in our room. They both slept great! The next morning, we packed everything BACK up, (that's what is so hard about traveling with kids. You have no choice but to practically pack your entire house when you go somewhere) and got on the road. Landon was so tired and ended up falling asleep before we could get out of their driveway. Which in all honesty, is like a mile long. Or so it feels. Adalyn rode with Jerry, Nancy and Tori. That meant is quiet ride for us! :) ha. Landon slept for an hour and a half and woke up when we had about 20 minutes to go. I LOVE riding in a quiet car. Jerry told me Nancy spotted a few yard sales on the way and Adalyn would say, "Wahoo! A yard sale!" Silly girl. Once we got there and settled in, we met up with the rest of the family and started our weekend! We immediately went swimming. Adalyn's favorite thing to do. After that, both kids slept and when they woke up, they went to play on the play ground while Melissa and I started cooking since it was our night to fix dinner for everyone. We then ate our dinner out on the deck. It was so nice! After we ate, Jackson and Adalyn started to chase each other. This wore them out. Well, I know it wore Adalyn out. I overheard her say, "I need a break". and then she sat down. Jackson kept telling her, "Adalyn! Come chase me! Come chase me!" She then said," Ok Jackson! Be patient!" hahaha We cracked up. She must hear that word a lot. ;) After dinner, we went swimming again. Swimming is the best way to tire out some two year olds. When we got back to the room, I put Adalyn and Landon in the bathtub and then we played in the living room for a bit before bed. It was a long day! Sunday morning we woke up and decided to go tubing down the river. This takes about 2 hours to do and we decided to bring Adalyn this year. Here is Adalyn and her "Tommy Hunke" before we went down the river We left Landon with Nancy and Patsy. We each had a tube and strapped them together. The river has a few small rapids but nothing too big. Every year we do this there are always a lot of people doing it, too. I wish I could have brought my camera. Adalyn got to ride on a school bus for the first time and she thought she was big stuff! The bus takes you to the top of the river then you float down to town where you parked your car. Like I said, it takes about 2 hours and Adalyn ended up falling asleep while laying on Adam. She was woken up about 30 minutes later to ice cold water that splashed in their tube as we went down a rapid. Later on Adam put rocks in the center of her tube to keep her occupied. She loved throwing them out. But since the rocks were in the center, that meant she was sitting on the edge. We hit another small rapid and back she goes. Out of her tube. Before the trip even started I made the comment that I hope she doesn't fall out. It's too cold to jump in after her. ha. Well, there I went out of my tube to get her. Her eyes were as big as saucers. As I pulled her up, i fell in the water a little further, so I pulled up again, and this time my float came out from under me and she fell back in the water again. lol. It was quite comical actually. Once I finally had her sitting back in her tube all she said was, "My rocks!" They had fallen out so Adam grabbed some more. She is so tough. Once we were all finished tubing, we head back to the condo for lunch and naps. Adam put Adalyn to sleep while I fed Landon and put him to sleep. I then layed down in the living room and took a nap myself! We had hamburgers and all the sides that go along with that for dinner that night thanks to Dave, Sherrie, Kenny, Tommy and Sarah. It was delicious. Oh, and the dessert! Ah, so good. Even Landon liked it! Since Adalyn is weird and doesn't eat much, she didn't even want to try it. After we ate, we all headed to the pool for the evening. After we swam, I sent Landon with Sherrie and Dave and we all headed to the hot tub for a while. Adalyn loved it. We came back to find Landon asleep. Sherrie has the touch! It was late so we took the kids back to the room, gave them baths, and then we all went to sleep. The next morning we sent the kids over to Jerry and Nancy's so they could watch them while we packed up and got ready to leave. We were on road before 10. I get really car sick and of course the mountain we have to climb over pretty much makes me want to throw up. I was so glad to be off that thing. We had some whinny kids for the first part of the trip. Once we made it down the ocoee, we stopped at Subway and ate. Got back in the car and the kids slept for most of the way home. Again, I love a quiet car. We had a great weekend getaway with Adam's family. It's always good to go, but even better to be back home! Thanks to everyone who helped us out with the kids! Esp. Tori!! We are very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...