Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gatlinburg ( Landon's first "mini" vacation )

We met up with Christopher, Brandy, my mom and dad, my Granddad, my Uncle, Aunt, and 2 cousins for a long weekend in Gatlinburg! We left right around 4:30 Friday once Adam got home and we got the Tahoe packed. I was a little anxious as to how well the trip would go considering we have a 2 year old and 5 month old. But thankfully, we made it with no major meltdowns! We couldn't even get through McMinnville before Adalyn said she needed to pee. Ugh, really? She has been on a roll lately with using the potty, it seriously never occured to me that she might need to go while we were traveling. Adam and I just looked at each other like, "Do we really HAVVVEE to stop?" We obviously decided to stop. Once I took her in the gas station, we discovered the men and women had to share a bathroom. Yuck. I am so weird when it comes to nasty bathrooms, esp. with Adalyn. What made it worse was we had to wait on an old man to finish his business. Again, nasty. Once we were finally able to go in, I told her to NOT touch a thing or else I would have to take her to the doctor to get a shot. ha. It worked. After she was done, I strapped her back in and off we went. She watched Bambi and Landon slept. We stopped at a burger King to eat and I walked over to Subway for a $5.00 footlong. That's my kind of deal. I fed Landon in the car while they went in to order. Once he was done, I went inside myself. Supper was good, but I was so ready to be there. Once we finally arrived, Adalyn was SO excited to see everyone! We didn't go to bed until late. Saturday morning we got up, played, ate, and got ready. The guys went off to different stores, my mom and Erin shopped antiques, while Brandy, Autumn, myself and the kids braved the Outlet Mall. As always, it took forever to park. Once we did, we ventured in to Old Navy to look for jeans. No luck so we moved on. We visited a couple more stores. Went into Gap, found some awesome deals in the kid/baby section, waited in line for like 20 minutes (i normally would not have done that but I seriously got some shirts for like $2.00)While I waited in line, Brandy gave landon a bottle and Adalyn was still asleep in her stroller. we finally left Gap, and went to Carters. Adalyn woke up and needed to pee. (again) By the time I got her to the bathroom, she had already peed. Adalyn was a little grumpy. She only slept for about 40 minutes and she wouldnt eat her sandwich I made for her. I swear, she is the pickest eater ever. It's very annoying. So I told her she would starve until she decided she wanted to eat again. I use to fix every possible thing in the world just so she would eat it if she didnt like what I already fixed. Let me just say i stopped that soon after I started it. That is a bad habit to get in. A friend once told me, your child will NOT let themselves starve. They will eventually eat. I guess its a toddler thing. Anyway, we left the outlet and headed back to the cabin. We napped, played, ate, watched TV, and played some more. Thank goodness for Autumn and Casey. Adalyn was attached to them the entire weekend so they (and everyone else) were a huge help! We ate steaks that night. YUM. Sunday, we were lazy all day long. I don't think anyone got out of their pajamas. We ate a big, late, breakfast. Thankfully, Adalyn ate a couple pieces of bacon and half a biscuit. Everyone played pool all day. I was able to nap with landon which was wonderful. Adam, Brandy, Casey, Christopher, Autumn and myself decided we would try the outlet mall that night. I wanted to go to American Eagle for jeans so we left the kids with my mom and Erin. My dad, granddad, and uncle were there too, but for whatever reason, I have to believe they were the ones who did all the "watching" and playing. =) Come to find out, the outlet mall closed at 6:00. Really? 6? ugh. It was snowing which was exciting. so since our shopping trip came to an end before it even started, we stopped at Mellow Mushroom for the best pizza ever. Came back to the cabin to the kids bathed, in their pajamas, and ready for milk! Landon fell asleep after we had birthday cake to celebrate my dad and brothers birthday and after he had some banana and milk. Adalyn fell asleep a little while late watching Veggie Tales. I crawled into bed and everyone else stayed up and played pool. No thanks! Sleep is so much better than playing pool. Monday morning we were of course already up early since Landon is clock work and wants to eat at 6 AM. I had already packed most of our things the night before, so I didnt have much else to do. We figured it would be best for us to get on the road as soon as possible since Landon's first nap of the day is at 8:00 and he sleeps for 2 hours. We were on the road by 7:30 our time. Landon fell asleep pretty quickly and Adalyn watched Mickey Mouse and Veggie Tales. He woke up, gave him a bottle so we didn't have to stop, and then he was content with playing with his toys until he dozed off again. Adalyn on the other hand by this point was extremely tired and incredibly grumpy. She entered brat mode real quick. She wanted out of her car seat and couldnt understand why I wouldn't unbuckle her. This led to about a 30 or so minute crying session. I absolutely can't stand when she has a melt down in the car. You can't do anything to fix it so you pretty much have to listen to it. She finally calmed down and fell asleep. Both kids were asleep at this point so it was peace and quiet for the next 30 minutes before we got home. Adam got Adalyn out of the car and they both went and layed down. They ended up napping for 2 hours. I ate lunch in the mean time, played with Landon, started unpacking, and put Landon down for his nap. When they woke up, Adam took Adalyn to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. I drug the excersaucer in the bathroom so I was able to take a shower. Landon was pretty content playing until I got out. He was tired again so he was whinney. I put him back to sleep and got on the computer for a bit until Adam and Adalyn got back. As soon as she came in she informed me, " I pee peed in wal-mart!" she was so proud. She got her M&M's and I started making a tater tot casserole. It was a long day. We gave Adalyn a bath, Landon sat in his chair and just watched, drooled, and played with whatever toy we would put in his lap to make him happy. Adalyn was in bed by 7:15. Adam and I did our nightly rountine with Landon. It was bath night for him then he had Avocados for the 1st time. Put him in his bed and Adam and I were in bed around 9:30. It was a great weekend! But there is no place like home!








This is how you can keep a 2 year old entertained for a looong time. Fill up a huge bathtub and let them PLAY!











Our Cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...