Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

I woke up to a dozen pink roses, a big bag of Reese's and my all time favorite, oreos! Oreos are my favorite and I never buy them. Just dont want them in the house b/c I will eat them all the time. But, I couldn't tell you how happy I was to see Adam had bought me some. I have eaten them every night with milk and I do NOT feeling guilty about it. Adalyn woke up to balloons, candy, books, etc. We explained to her that today was Valentine's Day. She was in such a good mood and was acting silly. She would go back and forth between Adam and I saying " Happy Valenvine day! " She couldn't say Valentine just right which is what made it so cute. Adam took off from school that day b/c he had to serve as a pallbearer at a funeral that morning. We got ourselves and the kids ready and left the house by 9:15. I was a little nervous as to how the kids would act during a funeral. Thankfully, my mom, Nancy, and Patsy were there to help if needed. I pumped Landon a bottle and gave it to him right before it started. Adalyn sat between my mom and Nancy and I held Landon. I bounced him on my knee a little until he fell asleep. Adalyn, for the most part, was very quiet. At one point she pointed to the balcony and said, "cows up there!" She then shared she needed to potty. I wasnt sure if she was telling the truth or not but Nancy took her anyway. When she came back, she shared to us, (and the old men in the pew behind us) that she "pee pee'd!" After the funeral, mom took the kids back to the house, Adam and I went to the cemetery, then we headed home. I was lucky enough to get a long nap with Adalyn that day. (Thanks Adam!) It was so nice to have him home all day. We cooked chicken nuggets and french fries (how romantic, right? Things you do when you have a toddler!) that night. I made the kids Valentine shirts to wear for the day. They looked so cute!



My Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...